Sunday 3 April 2016

I've Got My New Shoes On

New shoes are the best, especially shiny metallic ones on the sunniest day!


I got a voucher from Next recently when I picked up a photo frame and I knew straight away that I would be spending it on shoes. Next isn't a shop I visit particularly often, but I'm never disappointed by their shoes. I just find that they last a really decent while, fit me perfectly and are pretty comfy.

So how could I possibly resist these silver loafers?!



I really love how the more old-fashioned, used-to-be male style is updated and made into something sassy and fabulous with an amazing silver colour. The metallic sheen is perfect. It's ideal for work and adding some sparkle to denim and even for an evening outfit if you want to avoid heels.

Mine were waiting for me when I got in on a Friday evening after work and when we woke up to the sun shining brightly on Saturday I knew I had to take them for a test-run! They were ideal for a day filled with friends, pub lunches and rugby watching. Plus they were so comfortable and as someone who always gets blisters my toes remained fully intact.

I decided to pair them up with some double-denim to add a bit of metallic sparkle to what otherwise could have been a bit dull.


Of course, there had to be stripes. So I just shrugged on a denim shirt over a simple breton top and when walking in the crisp spring air popped on a trusty denim jacket to keep the slight chill out. I actually really like the way the two denims look together and the two classics of denim and breton are a match made in heaven.

Just to throw in a bit of colour I used this lovely little cross-body bag.


This was a present from Santa this year and I love using it. The red is ideal for adding a bit of colour and the simple shape means it compliment any outfit. It was from Mango and the quality is really lovely. I definitely need to invest in some more little, brightly coloured bags to take out at the weekend.
Black jeans and a slick of red lips are all you need now!


I've not stopped wearing my silver shoes since!

Denim Jacket - Armani Jeans 
Denim Shirt - H&M 
Stripe Top - New Look 
Jeans - Topshop 
Bag - Mango
Shoes - Next




No comments:

Post a Comment