Monday 8 June 2015

Insta-Happenings

Birthday fun.....




Everybody gets a birthday week right? Well this was mine!

I was lucky enough to be treated to some gorgeous jewellery from Clo Clo London recently and was delighted when the parcel filled with pretty jewels arrived. I styled them for summer in my review, matching the turquoise with coral and yellow and styling up the girly gems with some stripes and jeans for a more casual look.

#tbt this one came up on my Timehop this week - dontcha love Timehop, it's great for reminiscing and the odd bit of hilarious flashback. This was a coffee and cake time with some friends from school and we probably nattered about all the same things we do now!

Back to some fabulous little Clo Clo London jewels. The Germaine necklace is so pretty, with turquoise petals and diamante detailing. I paired it with a gorgeous orange textured jacket and some killer summer wedges. I loved putting together ideas for all the pieces I was sent and you should definitely give their website a browse if you're looking to up date your jewellery box.

Soon parcels started arriving for my birthday weekend eeeee! This one had a little message written on the back so I knew exactly who it was from - and I couldn't wait to rip it open!

Soon my birthday weekend arrived and I was treated to lunch in West On The Corner. It such a great little place if you haven't been. It originally was a West pop-up, but now it's found a permanent home in the Westend, serving a delicious array of German dishes in a really lovely space. I went for double-denim with pops of coral, of course....

Later the evening, after one or two glasses of wine, I went along to Glasgow Clyde College end of year Fashion show put on by the HND Fashion Design Students. It was held in a stunning courtyard and model after model strutted their stuff in some amazing pieces. I loved so much of what was on show. You could really see the creativity and talent that had gone into them and I would've nabbed some of them straight of the catwalk. This was one of my favourite looks, it makes me think of Narnia and a snowy fantasy world.

Soon it was my birthday morning - yaaa! I woke up to breakfast and bucks-fizz in bed with cards and presents to unwrap. I was completely spoilt and had such a lovely day!

This was one of my presents that my lovely sisters got me - thank you! If I was to be an item of clothing this would be it, you really couldn't get anymore me. It's yellow for starters, my obsession and I love the sophisticated cut of the waistcoat. I want to dress up jeans and t-shirts and add something a little bit fabulous to summer dresses - can't wait!



2 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday! Hope you had a great time! That yellow waistcoat looks like the perfect summer cover up!
    Sx

    www.brassbuttonsandconfidence.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your right everyone does deserve a birthday week! Looks like you had a great one too <3 Gisforgingers xx

    ReplyDelete