Tuesday 24 March 2015

Insta-Week

Lots of pretty clothes to dream about and tea!

I'd been hearing so much about Your Tea and their Tiny Tea teatox recently, so I decided to try it out for myself! I ordered the 28 day supply and it soon arrived in this gorgeously decorated box, filled with little pink parcels of goodness. I'm quite far through it now and will definitely be writing a wee Review to share my thoughts on it - eyes peeled!

A while ago it was World Book Day, I've been an avid reader from a young age and decided to share a little quote from one of my favourite childhood books, Chinese Cinderella; The Secret Story of an Unwanted Daughter by Adeline Yen Mah. The author describes her experiences growing up in China during the Second World War. After her mother dies giving birth to her she is considered bad luck by her family and it's a tale filled with sadness, fascination and hope. "I read because I have to. It drives everything else from my mind. It lets me escape to find other worlds." I think we should all escape into a book every now and again.

Back to the Teatox - getting it involved in my weekend morning routine; bed, Elle and a cup of tea!


I got involved in the great #ColourMeMarch craze that everyone involved in a prestigious event - The Cheltenham Races Ladies Day. It was all about bringing some colour to the day and brightening up your outfit. I opted for yellow, coral and pastels to complete the perfect outfit. It got me really excited for summer and definitely convinced me that I should eject some more colour into my wardrobe. Check out the post HERE.

Escaping for a weekend away is just lovely and I went through to Edinburgh for a bit of a change of scene. We stumbled across this beautiful market. Hidden away in an old church the stained glass windows illuminated the stalls that glowed with fairy lights and little trinkets. Check out the rest of the day HERE.

A weekend away calls for gorgeous clutches and matching heels on a Saturday night! All I need now is the fizz!


Sorry the tea features again.... But isn't the mug a little gem! I found it hidden in the Primark homeware section.

Oooooh what I would do for some Self Portrait in my life! They have some truly stunning dresses, all lace and cut-out in beautiful shapes and cuts. The London label was founded by Han Chong who attended Central Saint Martins and he's created gorgeously feminine clothes that also have a sharp edge - with intricate designs and details they really are dresses to lust over.

I was so excited for a little visitor this weekend. My fabulous big sister was coming up from London for a couple of days and I couldn't resist a wee insta to mark the occasion. Here we are embarrassing everyone with our dancing at a Swiss music festival. Safe to say this weekend was just as silly.


Onto a little #tbt. I've been using old blog photos as throwbacks every now and again, as I love scrolling through and have a read back through old posts to get me inspired again. This one HERE featured bright pink coats and pretty hats.

I tried out L'Oreal's new Infallible 24-H Matte foundation and found myself caught up in the hype along with everyone else. It's pretty great. It's a lovely lightweight, natural cream and gives a great even skin tone and coverage. I usually stay clear of foundations as I hate the caked on feel and look some can give you, but I've found I'm an absolute convert with this one! Read the full review HERE.

Edinburgh is the perfect weekend escape and we recently took a trip through - exploring markets, wandering around the castle and posing on cannons; it's all HERE.

No comments:

Post a Comment