Sunday 22 June 2014

Saturday Strolls

Something a little bit different today...

It's not my usual post to make you all go out shopping or to eat loads of pizza and cake, but this weekend I had such a lovely Saturday I thought it would be nice to share some of my snaps with you guys!


Don't get me wrong I love Glasgow, but every now and again it's so nice to get out of the city and back to the countryside. There's nothing better than Scotland on a sunny day - it really is beaut! We drove out to Balmaha, on the shore of Loch Lomond, even the drive out is so pretty, with blue skies and green surroundings. You definitely appreciate the country more when you've been in the City for a fair bit.

We had a wee stroll by the shore watching the boats, getting some good ol' fashioned fresh air before we climbed up the stone steps through the woods to check out the amazing views at the top.

Ok so I couldn't resist some clothes popped in! I got these trainers 11 - yes 11 - years ago in San Francisco. I'm not going to lie I'm not a massive trainer person - as you can probably see... But hey if it ain't broke don't fix it. And adding some frilly socks just makes me smile.

Once we'd hiked - cough cough - we went back down to the cafe we'd spied earlier - The Oak Tree Inn. It was lovely to sit outside on at the pretty wrought-iron tables and people watch. An amazingly huge slice of carrot cake was washed down with some big frothy coffees - bliss.


On the way home we went to have a nosey at Buchanan Castle Golf Course - not my idea I can assure you, but we did stumble across this lovely little tumbling down castle, so it was alright in the end. Unfortunately it was surrounded by a bamboo forest - odd I know - so we couldn't explore it too much, but I love it when you find little gems like this.

It was such a relaxed day and was just ideal, will defos be making more effort to get out of Glasgow more often!

p.s Letters From Marion has a brand new Facebook page! Follow the link at the side to give a wee like if you fancy.


No comments:

Post a Comment