Sunday 29 June 2014

Hidden Cupcakes

Firstly I'm not even going to apologise for the amount of photos in this post as I fell head-over-heels, wholly and completely in love with this place!

Secondly, sorry for the lack of outfit, but originally it was supposed to carry on with the previous post - however I decided it was so amazingly perfect it needed its very on post.

So anyhoo after wandering round Kelvingrove we ended up in The Hidden Lane Tearooms, an absolutely gem of a place that if you weren't keeping your eyes peeled or didn't know it was there you would stroll on by without even realising what you were missing out on. It's hidden - hence the name - in a little multi-coloured courtyard full of charm.


Inside I felt like I was stepping into my own vintage dream. There was towers of mismatched vintage crockery, almost too many teacups for me to handle, there was vintage style bunting and signs adorning the walls, even an old-fashioned typewriter! The furniture was adorable too, with comfy vintage cushions and pastel painted chairs with floral seats - I loved the fact that my jeans matched! Everything that was on the table was pretty and vintage - from the retro tin sugar pots to the jam-jar water glasses.


We opted for the Luxury Afternoon Tea - as we wanted as many of the amazing looking sweet treats as possible.  The tea arrived first in gorgeously pretty floral teacups, with a mismatched teapot and milk jug, that just added to the charm. And when the two-tiered feast arrived our eyes almost popped out of our heads! There was a selection of sandwiches, scones overflowing with cream and jam and a selection of the cutest - and tastiest - treats you've ever seen. There was lemon polenta cake, mini victoria sponges, banana cakes, a raspberry and date delight and my favourite a deliciously rich and gooie chocolate brownie.


It was a lovely, long and lazy afternoon as we munched our way through all that was on offer. We stayed so long we polished off the first pot and ordered a new one - more to see what teacups we'd get this time than anything else! And we weren't disappointed when a new elegantly decorated set were placed in front of us.


Adorable, cute and vintage, with plenty of amazingly perfect teacups, it sums up all that I love! I would highly, highly, recommend a visit, just please take me with you?


No comments:

Post a Comment