Tuesday 10 June 2014

Pink Catch-Ups

It may already be June - but the weather doesn't seem to think so in Glasgow. But what better way to brighten up a showery (torrential  rain) day with a pretty pink coat and a catch up with a friend.


Hats are my new obsession. I've never been brave enough to wear them before, even though I love them, but when this beauty arrived for me amongst birthday presents from my lovely sisters I was delighted. It's a gorgeous colour with a black ribbon and wide brim - so pretty! I decided to go for it and took it on its first outing and I've fallen in love. I shall defos be investing in more hats for my wardrobe now!



I love this bright pink coat and it's perfect for a cover-up if the summer weather is misbehaving as it's light weight and perfect to throw on over a wee t-shirt. The material is what I'd almost describe as as felt and super soft, perfect mixed in with an almost biker style cut and collar for a little more edge.

Pink was the theme of the day and the floral/black and white tee slotted in perfectly. It wasn't overly girly and floral with the black and white bottom half contrasting with the top pink flowers, just so it wasn't too much. The retro print face looks so pretty with the dusty roses as well. It's an ideal day time top to pop on with anything for any occasion.

Matched with black skinny jeans the pink jacket is allowed to pop without being too sweet and sickly. These are jeans that I always come back to and I have worn them to death! They're high-waisted - so perfect with a wee crop for another look - and kinda stretchy material so they fit like a glove. I'll be gutted when they finally give in and fall apart and will definitely be trotting back to Toppers for another pair, maybe in a few other colours as well.


Add my favourite gold and black studded boots and a slick of nude pink lip to compliment it all and voila!

All that was needed now was a smoothie loaded with fruit and a good gossip with a friend - ideal way to spend a rainy June afternoon.


Hat - Topshop
Jacket - Primark
T-Shirt - Primark
Jeans - Topshop
Boots - Forever 21




No comments:

Post a Comment