Wednesday 14 March 2018

REVIEW: The Body Shop Fuji Green Tea Hair Scrub

So to give this wonder product its full title - the Fuji Green Tea Refreshingly Purifying Cleansing Hair Scrub.


So yes, it's a bit of a mouthful (Fuji Green Tea Refreshingly Purifying Cleansing Hair Scrub) but it is fabulous. I'd never really heard of a hair scrub before, let along tried one so I was definitely intrigued by this sparkling new hair product.

I was first introduced to it a couple of weeks ago at a Body Shop event. It was the same week the infamous Beast from the East struck and it was one of the best smelling places to hide away as the first flakes of snow began to fall (just a hint of what was to come!). I've always been a fan of the Body Shop, from the body butters to my favourite face mask, I always think that their products are perfectly natural, beautiful to use and most importantly they do make a difference.


The Body Shop haircare range isn't something that I've tried much of before. I remember when I was really young my Godfather gave me a set of their honey shampoo and conditioner and I was obsessed with it and was always trying to make my pocket money stretch to a new bottle. So after a far too long hiatus it was definitely time to dive back into the world of the Body Shop haircare.

At the event at the Sauchiehall Street store the lovely Body Shop ladies introduced the Green Tea Hair Scrub, as I've always got a mug of green tea in my hand I was immediately tempted. They had my full attention and I couldn't wait to give it a go.

The Fuji Green Tea Hair Scrub is filled with Japanese green tea, mint, menthol, salt crystals and honey - a magical combination! I love how Body Shop products are always packed with amazing ingredients, the green tea leaves are hand-picked from the Shizuoka region of Japan and the honey is community trade all the way from Ethiopia. The Body Shop really cares about where their ingredients come from and it definitely makes all the difference.


"The purifying scrub will make your scalp feel instantly refreshed, help reduce build-up on hair and leave you feeling revitalised with a healthy-looking shine."

It's like an invigorating scrub shampoo which you simply massage into your scalp to get rid of all the impurities that everyday life throws at your hair. All you need is a teaspoon of the scrub, mix it with a little water and the massage it in. Surprisingly it does actually lather us like a shampoo, albeit a really thick one. Once the salt has done its job and exfoliated and the honey has moisturised, it easily rinses away. One of the best things though has to be the smell, oh my goodness it's just sublime. It's just so refreshing and invigorating.

I've started using it once a week on a Sunday as a pampering treat. After you use it your hair just feels so smooth and silky. It gives your hair and scalp such an amazing clean that you can really feel, leaving your hair light-weight and super soft - just like you've finished at the hairdressers!


It's a fabulous way to give your hair a deep clean and I think a lovely glow - I've found a new favourite hair product!


x x x

1 comment: