Thursday 8 June 2017

Window Shopping

Don't tell me I'm the only person who's dressed exactly like a mannequin that they've seen in a shop window....?


So there I was just taking a little daunder down the High Street and I passed by H&M. 'Ooooh that's nice' I thought and then the next week I found myself copying exactly what the mannequin was wearing. We all take inspiration from different place after all. Although I can't help being reminded of that line from Mean Girls "I saw Cady Heron wearing army pants and flip-flops. So I bought army pants and flip-flops"....

So anyway what did I see in that fateful H&M window...


It's actually a really easy look to copy as I already had all the components in my wardrobe!

I'd bought the black top when I was shopping with the St Enoch Centre for the perfect Valentine's outfit. The top is a really cute one, with a velvet-style texture and lace trim. It is quite more of a 'going-out' top,  but by layering it you can create a whole new look.


I spotted it with a a long-sleeved white top on underneath - so that's exactly what I did! It makes the top go a whole lot further and proves how versatile it can be. The touch of lace and gorgeous texture also adds a little more interest to the casual look.

I already had the perfect 'Mom' jeans to style it up how H&M had done, so that was another tick in the box. Tucked in with a buckle belt more shape is created with a nicer silhouette. The only thing I switched out was the shoes - I swapped black boots for a cute pair of metallic loafers.

This is also the first time I've done an outfit post wearing my glasses - what do you think?


After going to a Specsavers event I was inspired. After vowing to wear my glasses more I went along to Specsavers and treated myself to some new frames. I can't lie I absolutely love wearing them! I think it's all about the right pair to suit you and feeling confident in them. I'm sure you'll see them more in outfit posts in the future!

White Top - Marks and Spencer
Top - H&M
'Mom' Jeans - Topshop 
Shoes - Next 
Glasses - Specsavers 

x x x

No comments:

Post a Comment