Saturday 22 October 2016

A Garden for an Art Lover

There's nothing prettier than a garden blooming with flowers.


A couple of weekends ago my sister and I decided to go on a wander. 

I'd heard about House for an Art Lover a while ago and have always wanted to take a trip. So we jumped on the and made our way to the iconic Charles Rennie Mackintosh building. It was such a shame that when the actually got there most of it was shut off - nooooo! But thankfully the beautiful garden made up for it. 

Found in Bellahousten Park is a beautiful walled Victorian Garden that leads into the magnificent house.


It was filled with the most beautiful flowers and there where bursts of colour everywhere you looked. It was just stunning and we couldn't believe what we'd stumbled on. Gorgeous. 

There were flowerbeds in full bloom....

Flowers growing tall....

We just completely immersed ourselves in petals!


What struck me the most was just how relaxing it was. You could wander in amongst the greenery or just sit and enjoy the quiet atmosphere.


It takes you into this bubble just away from the busy, bustle of the outside world. There's no rushing around and everyone is just enjoying the calm. 

Just beautiful.

A big garden, bouquet of the prettiest flowers! 

Of course we had to meander back to the House to enjoy a coffee and cake - I mean what else are lazy weekends for....


I think I may have found my new favourite place in Glasgow that's for sure!

Jumper - H&M
Jeans - Topshop 'Mom' 
Trainers - H&M
Scarf - Zara 
Bag - Mango 




No comments:

Post a Comment