Friday 16 October 2015

Denim Casuals

What to wear when you're supposed to go to brunch, but have slept-in really late and chattered for far to long and brunch turns into lunch and burgers as big as your head.


Denim button-up skirts may be seen everywhere, but they're a winner.

I've been wearing this little skirt so much since I bought it. Honestly, I felt like I'd seen in on almost every person passing me on the street, all over instagram and basically it was harassing me and this kind of put me off. But, I couldn't stop thinking about it and matching it with items in my wardrobe, so this is my way of knowing that I actually really want it. So off I popped to Topshop!

I wore it in the summer with jelly shoes and baggy t-shirts, but I think it actually works a bit better in the chillier months, all you need to add is a pair of black tights.

Pop a grey polo neck on top.




I really like the darker grey with the darker blue denim. The roll-neck makes cosy and snuggly for the Autumnal chill, but it's also quite nice and lightweight if it's not completely freezing yet. Polo-necks are a colder month staple for me. They are so easy to throw on with anything, jeans and skirts or even layer them under dresses or baggy t-shirts. Here tuck them into the high-waisted, button skirt and you're sorted.

This blue coat is the perfect transitional coat.


It's light enough to give you some coverage, but it isn't so heavy that it gets too much. I love the over-sized almost blazer/tuxedo/suit-style (if that even makes sense?), it hangs beautifully and begs to be draped over your shoulders, pintrest-style. And nay blue is a really nice change from black, it's softer and less harsh. It just works.

To finish it all off a pair of black boots stretch out you legs with black tights and these little tie-up ones have a little wedge heel, they're just perfect for bringing everything together.

Nothing is complicated and sometimes the simple wardrobe staples you have, when all popped together just work wonderfully, and are great for crunching in leaves with the promise of some amazingly delicious burgers waiting for you...

Jacket - Forever 21
Top - H&M
Skirt - Topshop
Boots - River Island 




No comments:

Post a Comment