Sunday 2 November 2014

Insta-Week

It's all marshmallows and candles - perfect.


Did you know that St Enoch was doing an amazing chocolate competition? I wrote all about it HERE, whilst drooling over all kinds of Hot Chocolate recipes. All you need is an absolutely fantastic hot chocolate recipe and you could win all sorts of goodies. Hot chocolate has a pretty interesting history too, dating all the way back to the Mayans. Read all about the tasty contest and some chocolate facts HERE.

And talking about chocolate.... I'm still drooling over this brownie. What's better on a wet and miserable Saturday than a whole load of shopping followed by chocolatey treats, mugs of tea and catch-ups with friends. We ran out of the pouring rain into Avenue G and shook of the raindrops before choosing from the tasty display. I went for the chocolate brownie, it was gooey, chewy and delicious, topped with truffle to make it that extra bit fantastic - delish.

And of course the spoils of the shopping trip had to include some sparkles! I picked up this sparkly silver necklace from Primark. Teamed up with a monochrome t-shirt and berry lips it adds the perfect finishing touch to an Autumn evening outfit.

We skipped out into the chilly evening and fed ourselves up in the Squid and Whale, which you can find out about HERE. There's also some new treats that I picked up in the shops included. I think I've found a go-to Autumn outfit for a night out with the girlies - think black leather, monochrome and studded textured jackets and your along the right lines!

So it was Halloween this week, what did you all dress up as? This photo was from four years ago when I dressed up as my favourite childhood character Noddy! I'm not the most arty-fatty-creative so my outfits are always simple, and definitely not the most impressive at the party. Check out the lion though, what a mane! This was a night at Uni when my main friendship group seemed to form, ain't that lovely. Maybe it was because we all looked so ridiculous, but many nights of nonsense where had after...

The best thing about wintery nights are that you don't feel so bad staying in and costing up with a good movie. One thing that makes nights like this more complete is a lovely candle burning in the corner. I found this beaut in Primark. It's gorgeous and smells divine, I reviewed it HERE. For only £2 I think you all should be running out and stocking up now!



No comments:

Post a Comment