Monday 13 October 2014

Sunday Tweeds

Last Sunday I met a few old friends for Sunday lunch.

Autumn was definitely in the air and it was a lovely crisp blue sky day - just perfect! And a fairly simple outfit was the order of the day to catch up over big pizzas and white wines.

This cotton shirt is really pretty, it was discovered in Zara a wee while ago and has hung in my wardrobe unloved for far too long. I went off wearing it and I'm now really glad it's been rediscovered and has come out of hiding! 

It's got a pleated bib at the front that just adds an extra bit of detail and the rolled up sleeves make it a lovely casual look. I actually wore it in a similar way HERE, just with different finishings for a slightly different look.

I adore these coated jeans and they are a much better alternative to plain denim when you want to look an extra bit polished. They are Topshop Leigh cut and really comfy with a slight stretch to them. The coated top gives them a bit of sheen and a slight leather-kinda look, just tuck the front of a cotton shirt into the top and you're sorted.


As the chillier weather rolls in I'm so happy to get my collection of boots out again. This brown leather ones are a staple in my wardrobe. I wear them a whole tonne! The wooden block heel gives me a bit of extra height and they are simply a classic, ready for you to wear with anything - perfect. 

I have a slight obsession with jackets and hoard them and crave new ones every winter. This is actually a very, very old Topshop one. The green tweed and almost military style buttons are amazing for a weekend jaunt and looks great against the white shirt, it's Autumnal dressing at its best.

We chatted for hours and hours until we felt we'd been they're far too long as we said our goodbyes still giggling at the stories we'd caught up on, what better way to spend a Sunday afternoon!

Jacket - Topshop
Shirt - Zara
Jeans - Topshop
Boots - New Look
Bag - Primark 


No comments:

Post a Comment