Wednesday 23 July 2014

Simply Does It...

You can't beat a simple white shirt.

It's simple, chic and creates a polished look - what could be more classic than a white shirt!

A white shirt should be an essential in any wardrobe, it can be so versatile, easily worn for a casual daytime look (like this one!) or dressed up with a pencil skirt or tailored trousers and some amazing statement jewellery at night. It's a pretty easy look to create and is an outfit that you don't even need to think about.

This is a favourite of mine. The textured and woven detail on the front, paired with the shoulder and cuff detail makes it really pretty and adds a bit more to the plain shirt. The lightweight linen is perfect for balmy summer days and once it's buttoned up, tucked-in and the sleeves rolled up it's more than perfect for summer drinks in the sunshine.

I'm a little bit in love with my new slip-on sneakers. The style kinda makes you think of 'skater-dudes' and grungey 90s - and I'm not going to lie, I had a pair of Vans complete with flying-pig decorations back in the day - but we've all moved on. They were spied on some of the feet of fashions biggest hot-shots and have been popular on the high street since Spring, the fact that they're both stylish and comfortable really does help the obsession.

These little gems were snapped up in the Topshop sale for a mere £7 - a bargain if you ask me! I love the plaid pattern, I usually go for plain coloured shoes, but the check slip-ons add a new element to my shoe collection, which I love.

I layered up some gold necklaces, the orange one was another Topshop sale buy - I love it when Topshop jewellery goes on sale and I have to restrain myself from clearing the load out. The other necklace was a present from the BF and it a golden love knot with a circle of gems added in.

Some jeans rolled up finishes off the look perfectly! Now get to the beer garden!

Shirt - Zara
Jeans - Miss Selfridge
Slip-on Sneakers - Topshop
Orange gem necklace - Topshop
Love Knot necklace - DKNY


No comments:

Post a Comment