Monday 4 August 2014

Monochrome Tangerines

What better way to spend warm weekends then plenty of cool beverages and a BBQ.

I love these jeans for the summer, they're a little off-white, which for me makes them much more wearable. However, I always feel when the weather turns a little chillier and starts to rain and snow, white jeans can look a wee bit out of place so I'm getting my wear out of them now before Summer ends!

This top was a lovely cheapo buy from New Look. I think a plain vest top can go a long way and never underestimate the power of a simple tee. The cut of this one is really flattering and it hangs quite loose so is really comfortable to wear. I'll definitely be hunting it down in other colours.

You can't go wrong with a bit of monochrome, especially with a pop of colour added in to brighten it all up! Bright orange is ideal for summer and I'm finding myself living out of this blazer and you might have also spied it here. The texture is gorgeous and it's just light-weight enough for sunny days, giving you a bit warmth as the sun goes down.

And for the added details - the blazer looks ideal with my orange-gem-stone necklace that I picked up in the Topshop sale and this breaks up the black top adding something a bit extra. And of course I threw on my brown sandals that I've worn pretty much every day of the summer!

We wandered off to Cottiers, who have a great beer garden outside. It's always pretty buzzing but when we got there - for once - there was plenty of seats! They filled up quickly though and the atmosphere started bouncing. They have an outdoor BBQ all summer and cook up every kind of burger you could imagine, as well as whole fish, which looked amazing!

I opted for a big fat sandwich with some chunky chips, it was absolutely delicious and a really good deal for the price. Meanwhile across the table a burger with all the trimmings was being devoured and of course we accompanied the food with some chilled white wine and beers.

And as good Saturdays should be the drinks kept flowing...



Blazer - H&M
Top - New Look
Jeans - Zara
Sandals - Primark
Necklace - Topshop





No comments:

Post a Comment