Friday 25 July 2014

REVIEW: Clinique Chubby Stick

I've been lusting over the Clinique Chubby Sticks for a while, so imagine my delight when I spied them as a wee freebie in the August issue of Glamour - absolutely delighted!


I got the Chubby Stick Moisturizing Lip Colour Balm in Woppin' Watermelon. It's a really pretty pink colour, quite subtle and ideal for summery days, adding a hint of colour to your lips. You can apply it in a thin layer or build it up for a more intense colour to take you to night.

As well as being oh-so-pretty-and-pink it's also really moisturing and lovely. It is described as a balm which I much prefer to a gloss as it feels much nicer on your lips and I prefer a more matte look and it's good for your smackers too! It's filled with shea butter, mango seed butter and jojoba seed oil so is ideal in that it protects and hydrates your lips, keeping them healthy and kissable.

The formula means it is really light and doesn't sit heavily on your lips and goes on really smoothly. I would say that perhaps it's not got the best staying power out of all the lip products that I've tried, but it does leave lips slightly stained with a bit of colour and touch-ups are so easy. The winding crayon-like application means you can slick it on anywhere and everywhere.

They come in 18 different shades and can all be layered up and blended to make a unique lip colour and I just want to buy loads and loads and have a special shade hiding at the bottom of every handbag - the Queen of the Chubby Sticks has not lost her crown and now that I've tried one out I wouldn't hesitate to treat myself with another.

I have been hunting like a crazed woman for another copy of Glamour with the Strawberry colour, but so far no luck - newsagents I'm coming for you...


No comments:

Post a Comment