Tuesday 17 May 2016

I Love My Striped Dress

I think I've got a new favourite item in my wardrobe.


I actually found this dress in white first and totally fell in love with the lovely relaxed fit of it. It's perfect for summer, works for the office and is ideal for a relaxed weekend brunch. So, when I spotted it in the New Look sale in stripe for an absolute bargain I couldn't resist!



The blue-grey striped midi dress is just a dream! I really love the shirt design of the dress that makes it lovely and casual, but with the midi length you can dress it up and make it look smarter with heels. It's buttoned all the way down which makes it really versatile.

Now, I must confess that I took these photos when the weather was a little chiller and not as perfect and wonderfully sunny as it has been just now - hence the tights! But, I think it shows how well the dress can work! I also popped on a polo neck underneath, which I thinks works wonderfully for not so summery days!



What makes this dress fit perfectly is the D-ring belt, you just pull it right in at the waist and it gives you a lovely shape. It makes it a really flattering shirt dress rather than just hanging there - beaut.


It also buttons the whole way down, but to give it a bit more of a 'chic' look you can un-button them to create a little slit in the front. It just makes it more fun to wear and means it hangs better and moves better with you when you walk!



I paired it with my favourite metallic brogues and popped a polo underneath for now. Buuuuuut, I'm looking forward to wearing it on summery holidays with a bright, bright lip and sandals or even for beer garden days here with peep-toe, chunky-heeled boots.

I mean I'm just a little bit in love with it!

Dress - New Look
Polo-Neck - H&M
Shoes - Next 


No comments:

Post a Comment