Thursday 9 April 2015

Shopping Edit

It so nice wandering round the shops just now as the Spring fashion filters through the winter layers - and stripes were on my radar!


I found this lovely little dress in Zara. I'd actually spied another navy dress with white stripes earlier in the week, but when I returned on pay-day it was nowhere to be found, but I'm pretty pleased with the alternative. It's a really loose, kinda swing-oversized shape with a centre and two side-panels, which add to the flattering cut. The lightweight cotton will be perfect in the summer with bare legs and tan sandals. However, I actually wore it to work as well and it looked just as nice with black tights and a smart blue blazer. Hell, I might even dress it up for a night out with killer heels and a slick of bright red lipstick!



Big. Statement. Yellow. Beautiful.

If I was to describe necklace perfection this would be it. As you may well know I'm a sucker for anything yellow, so this caught my eye straight away. I love a statement necklace to jazz up an outfit - they transform the simplest of looks into something special. It was perhaps more than I'd normally spend on a necklace (Primark being my go-to) but a necklace like this one from H&M can be worn again and again as a quick way to change up an outfit - plus it's so pretty! The big beads and pretty ribbon tie of this one leave me dreaming of days when I can wear it under blue skies, whilst devouring ice-creams.




So although the sun may be making itself known recently it's still not exactly roasting out there so a thin knit is a great idea for cooler evenings (mornings and afternoons!). H&M always have a good selection of casual jumpers and this one came in an array of colours, I had to stop myself buying the stock! I think the oversized feel to it is great for relaxed weekends and they're easy to dress up with big, bold jewellery (I'm seeing the perfect combination with the necklace above). The colour is a nice transitional one and will look great with dark skinnies and ankle boots in the colder months and just as lovely with creamy jeans and pretty ballet pumps as the air warms up.



More stripes - and another H&M find! Elle are given away a 20% off card with their latest issues so I'm sure I'll be dashing back!

I love the thick bold stripes on this top as an alternative from the thinner breton stripe and let's face it you can't go wrong with navy and cream-coloured blocks. The cut of this top is a little different and adds a new dimension to the classic stripe print. The neckline is high - but not as fitted as a polo-neck, it sits structured round your collar-bones and isn't as wintery looking as a classic polo-neck. It is more dressed up than just a plain tee and I can see it carrying me into Spring and Summer and then being layered under cosy caramel cardigans in the winter - it's a new wardrobe staple.



I've decided recently that my shoe collection needs replenished and now is the best time to do this - I can buy loads of pretty flats to wear with skinny jeans and floaty summer dresses. I found these in Forever 21 and I really like the cut-away detail and this, coupled with the gorgeous nude colour is lovely for sunnier days. Plus, when they're worn with bare legs they give the illusion of lovely long pins, the pointed toe and the shade all helping you to pretend you could just have legs like Gisele. The new shape, where the shoe is almost cut in two is a refreshing take on the traditional ballet pump and I definitely think I'll be buying more like these.

When's next payday?

3 comments:

  1. Love all your items - it's great that you can wear them throughout the year as that is something I always struggle with when shopping. It really helped reading how you would wear them for each season - I especially like the first dress. And that necklace is gorgeous!

    Mairi x
    copperpink.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Mairi! I love to buy clothes that work for all seasons and can be used as casual or dressy - makes getting dressed so much easier! I can't stop admiring the necklace haha

      Thanks for reading lovely! xx

      Delete
  2. Oooh I love this pair of shoes from forever 21 <3 Shame Glasgow is my closest one and I'm hardly ever there Gisforgingers xx

    ReplyDelete