Wednesday 21 October 2015

REVIEW: Kiehl's Midnight Recovery Concentrate

You might remember when I popped along to Kiehl's Launch Fashion Cultures - and this was where I was treated to this completely magical and utterly amazing potion - the Midnight Recovery Concentrate.


I must confess, I'm not all that into spending all my pennies on the latest skincare miracle or the latest beauty hype, and I tend to stick to what I know and use everyday. But, (although I was lucky enough to receive this in a goodie bag) this has shaken up everything. I can't sing it's praises enough, it's a fabulous miracle worker in a blue bottle.

Phewww ok, applause over and done for now and time for the practical stuff.

The facial oil is made from 99.8% naturally derived ingredients and is described as "A replenishing nighttime facial oil with distilled botanicals that visibly restores the appliance of skin by morning". The little miracle worker aims to add moisture to your skin and revive dull looking skin, adding radiance by morning.

All you need to do is pop it on after cleansing your skin, you only need a couple of drops, and gently massage it in. You can wear it alone or, as I like, under your moisturiser.

It's made up of pure essential oils and distilled botanicals, including:
  • Evening Primrose Oil - a skin barrier repair that boosts radiance
  • Lavender Essential Oil - which soothes skin, reducing blotchiness and leaving you with brighter and more radiant skin
  • Squalane - (no I had no idea either!) this is Kiehl's signature key ingredient. It's easily absorbed and helps to restore moisture balance, leaving you with soft and supple skin
This gorgeous combination also has a really lovely calming scent - which is perfect for bedtime. 

Now, I'll be honest, I've never actually tried oils before as I was worried that they would feel all slimy and block up my skin. But, after reading so many good things about Kiehl's Midnight Recovery I was really intrigued and decided to give it a go. 

And, I was more than a little bit impressed. It melts into your skin really nicely, it's not heavy and just soaks in silkily. Plus, the dropper means you're not likely to overuse it. When I woke up the next morning after using it I really did do a little squeal of delight I was so impressed! I really, truly felt like I could see a visible difference in my skin. It felt softer and I can't put my finger on it, but it general it just all-round looked so much better.


I also read somewhere that it can help pesky little breakouts, so when my skin erupted with a monster, not a spot - a monster, I decided to try out the tip. By morning it hadn't healed the breakout, or made it disappear or anything, but it had without a doubt reduced the redness and angriness and made it a whole lot less obvious. 

At £36 it could be seen as a little pricey, but the bottle lasts for aaaaages, especially as you only use a couple of drops. I also don't tend to use it every night, and only when I feel I need a little pick-me up or in the nights before a big event, just to get my skin in tip-top shape!

I would definitely recommend giving it a go!



No comments:

Post a Comment