Sunday 16 November 2014

Drinking and Dining

My favourite little photographer came to visit again and what better way to spend a Friday evening than by drinking and dining the night away...

This is a little stripy dress that I usually wear to work, but after a day in the office I couldn't be bothered getting changed into a whole new outfit so just decided to switch it up and dress it down, taking away the office-y elements. It's such a nice cut and is slightly heavier material, which means it falls exactly where you want it to. The way the stripes switch direction in a little triangle at the waist nips you in perfectly and is a little bit of an optical illusion, highlighting your waist.

On top I popped on my big cosy red cardigan - its the most glorious wintery woolly hug! It is perfect for wrapping up yourself in and going out an getting matching rosy cheeks in the wintery weather.


And the accessories! I saw this bag ages and ages ago and kept putting off buying it, but eventually I decided it was time to treat myself! And I'm so glad I did. It's actually a really dark green colour, which is an amazing alternative to navy or black for winter and makes it just a bit different. The bumpy leather is completed with the gold zip detail and makes it pretty perfect! It's from Mango and I'm not sure why, but I always seem to think of Mango being a bit more expensive, but really the bags were no more expensive than any from River Island etc. And I have to say I think I love it more!

Add on some chunky-wooden-heeled boots and a little gold chain and you're good to go!

We sauntered down to Ashton lane. Isn't it pretty?! It's a little cobbled street hidden in the Westend of Glasgow absolutely bursting with places offering you all sorts of food, wine and cocktails. A little weekend haven I think!

We had booked a table on 5pm at The Grovsnor, and after a mix up with times - which wasn't my fault I'd like to add! - we were finally seated. It maybe wasn't the best start as the staff weren't particularly apologetic, but we did eventually get seated. I have to say though it's a gorgeous venue. Once a vintage cinema it has all been refurbished into a buzzing bar and restaurant. There's big comfy couches, retro napkins and menus and even a piano just waiting be played.

First off big glasses of wine were ordered - cheers!

As part of the deal we then got three 'small plates' tapas style. I went for a delicious crayfish and avocado salad, some crunchy fishcakes and feta-stuffed peppers. They were all individually pretty good, I'm just not sure I went for the best combination! It was a great place to sit and gossip though, sinking back into big comfy seats and catching up on all the chat.


But we moved on to a brand spankin' new bar The Research Club. Tucked in the corner of Ashton Lane up a few flights of stairs you'd hardly recognise the bar from what it used to be. The bar is an island in the middle, surrounded by exposed brick and distressed wooden features, it's a really relaxing atmosphere to sit back and have a good ol' natter. It was quite quiet for a Friday night, but it didn't really need to be busy and had a lovely atmosphere anyway.



So what else was left to do but wash the night down with a few G+T's!

Cardigan - Misguided
Dress - H&M
Boots - H&M
Bag - Mango
Necklace - DKNY

No comments:

Post a Comment