Tuesday 23 August 2016

What's Been Happening...?

Loads of food and flowers - some of my favourite things!

How cute are my friends! One of my oldest and bestest friends lives in Madrid, but she was back home for a month and of course she had to pop through to Glasgow to catch-up with me over one or two glasses (or more) of fizz! She arrived arms laden with beautiful gladioli that are just the perfect flowers for a little spot in my living room - thanks lovely!

Summer is getting closer to the end far to quickly - waaaah! But this means you can soon spend cosy nights in planning your next summer holiday - yaaa! And, have you ever thought about a cruise? I did a little investigating with Bolsover Cruise Club and did you know it actually sounds like quite a fabulous adventure! Just think of all the fabulous places you can stop off at whilst sailing the seas...

One of the best bits of my Swiss holidays is always the food! One day we enjoyed beautiful apricot tarts in the sweetest restaurant in Wengen. We sat on the flower-filled terrace sipping wine and eating gorgeous apricot treats, take me back please?

And from the countryside in Switzerland to the Scottish countryside! We escaped the city up to Killin for the weekend to celebrate at a wedding party. It was such a wonderful night, but I can't lie our heads were a little fuzzy the next day, so a good ol' country walk was needed the next morning. We strolled round the loch, avoiding bumping into the sheep, and felt much better after a breath of fresh country air!

I can't resist snapping pretty things - especially when that's a pretty flower!

Oh my goodness there's the best new food place in Glasgow! We were lucky enough to head along to the launch party of Taste Buchanan at the top of the Buchanan Galleries. We literally ate all the food. I mean everything. These tasty treats were from Chompsky and were just a warm up! I'll be sharing a little post with you soon enough about the amazing new foodie destination that you just can't miss out on!

Don't we all just need to be fabulous every now and again, I'm I right?! I had the most fabulous, girlie day not too long ago in Edinburgh. We dined in the sky on amazing food and sipped glass after glass of fizz. It was such an indulgent afternoon and so lovely, if I could be this fabulous every weekend I definitely would.

And from being fabulous in the big city to enjoying the simpler delights of the countryside. I headed out of the city for a weekend in the country visiting my friend. We had such a Granny weekend, visiting antique centres and then stopping off for a coffee and cake after, just bliss.

But, what happened to the weather that weekend?! It was so wet and miserable. We even had to light the fire, in August, I mean come on! But actually there's something so lovely about sitting in a cosy living room with old friends, wine in hand, fire on, rain pattering down outside and a home cooked meal simmering on the stove. You just can't beat home comforts.



No comments:

Post a Comment