Monday 16 June 2014

Friday Nights and Orange Cocktails

My lovely little sister came and paid me a visit this weekend and what better way to celebrate on a Friday then a whole load of cocktails and some massive pizzas.


This light weight blazer is perfect for the summer. It's soft material so is easy to throw on over the top of anything without looking too 'officey'. And can we all just take a moment to admire the colour - I love and adore the bright, BRIGHT orange. It was one of those things that you see on the hanger and aren't sure about, but when I tried it on I was absolutely convinced and my Dad decided to treat me - thank you! It also has a pattern lightly stitched in to give it a bit of texture and to make it a bit different.

The blazer also saved an all black outfit from looking to wintery. This cami top is really pretty with the zip and ruffle detail on the front and the silky material hangs perfectly without hugging - ideal when you plan on eating this much pizza...

Teamed with black skinnies and brown boots it's a great wee outfit for the summer when the sun is being a bit difficult, which let's face it is often! I rolled the jeans up just to make it look a bit more appropriate for the season and it can make some well-worn trousers look a bit different and easier to wear again and again, which if you're a regular reader you'll realise that I do!


So onto the cocktails!

We headed to Vodka Wodka on Ashton Lane for some mojitos to welcome in the weekend. Ashton Lane is a lovely little cobbled street hidden behind the hustle and bustle of Byres Road and is has an array of bars to take your pick from. I had been hoping it would be nice enough to sit outside, but alas I was foiled by the rain which was starting so we sat inside the bar to decide between the huge selection of amazing sounding cocktails.

Starting off with Apple and Bizon Grass Mojitos we caught up on all the chat. When we arrived the bar was pretty quiet, but I wouldn't say we felt uncomfortable and just gossiped away.


By the time we moved on to a pitcher of Grape and Eldeflower Collins it was starting to fill up and there was definitely more of a buzz about.

One pitcher went down, followed by another...

Once we'd sloshed our way through a a fair few cocktails we decided we should definitely fill our tummies with something and crossed the road to Cresswell Lane, another cute cobbled street hidden away. We decided on Zizzis. It's a nice big restaurant with the stone pizza oven on display just to get your tummies rumbling as you wait.


I've said it before and I'll say it again - the pizzas at Zizzis are really, really HUGE. But so delicious we managed to scoff the lot...



A lovely start to the weekend.

Blazer - H&M
Top - H&M
Jeans - Topshop
Boots - New Look



2 comments:

  1. Love how stunning this blazer is!! You look amazing in it too Gisforgingers xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much! I just love, love, love the colour xx

      Delete