Sunday 18 May 2014

Plaid and Simple

A plaid shirt really is a wardrobe staple and I find myself going back to this little number over and over again.

They don't have to be just 'grunge' and can be dressed up as feminine and cute or if the mood takes you androgynous and tough. This particular shirt is great for a softer look - with the pinks and purples, but I won't lie I would never say no to the more classic red, blue and green flannel.



It is an ideal style for every day wearing and is easy to wear with anything at all - being perfectly effortless and simple. Plaid shirts are pretty much made for layering and that's just how I styled up this particular look.


With a plain white jumper on top the pop of pattern jazzes up what would be a fairly simple choice. If you do layer-it-up make sure you can see the cuffs and collar - I just rolled up the sleeves of the jumper for some more flannel loving. This jumper is ideal with a deep v-neck, I got it wandering round a little French village and it does make me feel like I should be sailing away on my yacht, but oh well!

Just add dark wash jeans, some tattered old brogues and a statement necklace round the collar and voila! I have almost worn this shoes to death, but I think they look even better this way - a wee bit scruffy and raggedy. And just to add some sparkle and a bit more of a girlie touch this pink and diamante statement necklace is lovely.



Plaid is all over the place just now and can be worn with pretty much anything - over dresses, with leather leggings or even tied round the waist - and it always looks great. Right now I'm craving some short dungarees to layer over a flannel shirt and go for the proper lumberjack look!

Shirt - Topshop
Jumper - A little French shop 
Jeans - Miss Selfridge
Brogues - New Look 
Necklace - Primark


2 comments:

  1. Love this outfit! The white and plaid go together so nicely!! Gisforgingers xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww thanks! Yeah the white definitely lets the coloured plaid stand out xx

      Delete