Thursday 10 April 2014

Pink, Blossoms & Muffins

Yaaaa the sun came out - well blue skies and some clouds. But it did finally feel more like Spring, so what better way to spend the afternoon than a wee wander and some coffee and cake.

I really love a classic Breton stripe - and I adore the story behind them too. After a visit to the French coast Coco Chanel was inspired by the design worn by French sailors, and introduced it to the fashion world in her nautical-inspired collection (thank you!) - check out the film 'Coco Before Chanel', it's a must see for any Coco admirer.


Anyhoo I love a stripe and this long-sleeved top looks simple and classic tucked onto an American Apparel skirt with a brown weave belt to outline the waist. The belted-in waist balances out the horizontal stripes, that can sometimes be less than flattering. Of course even though the suns out, lets face it, we're still not in the South of France so a cosy, fluffy cardigan is a welcome edition.


Off we popped to Avenue G to enjoy the scrumptious selection of cakes on offer. I opted for a cappuccino and  banana and toffee muffin - but definitely got food envy when Karen's delicious looking lemon drizzle cake turned up with a pot of lemon cream on the side.

Avenue G is a lovely little cafe on Byres Road - perfect for chatty catch ups and we even spied James, the runner-up from the third series of the Great British Bake Off - so its been given an experts seal of approval. Once I'd managed to calm down from all this excitement - I rooted for him all the way, James your Gingerbread Barn was the best - we went for a wander round the pretty Westend.




The clouds were coming out and the wind had picked up, but no complaining as I got to pop on my 'shocking pink' jacket. I adore the bright colour and it just makes me smile. I like to think of it as something that the one and only Blair Waldorf would wear and a bright coat is an ideal change-up from the usual navy and black.




We ended up daundering around the University and taking a trip down memory lane (she doesn't even go here!). It really is an amazing building and yes of course I felt like I was at Hogwarts, I just needed to bump into Hazza P for the dream to come true.


Coat - Primark
Cardigan - Topshop
Top - New Look
Skirt - American Apparel 
Boots - River Island
Belt - Primark
Necklace - Primark

No comments:

Post a Comment