Monday 17 August 2015

Insta-Happenings

Bake-Off and lots of lovely blog posts are what the best weeks are made of.

The first new post to be popped up was all about the Lancome #SAYITWITHYOUREYES event in House of Fraser. A few of us lucky bloggers were lucky enough to be invited along to the launch of the new collection and see it in action! The lovely gentlemen from Lancome demonstrated how to create an easy and quick smokey eye look with the range. And the piece de resistance was the new Hypnose mascara - it's a beaut!

It was the moment we were all waiting for - the return of The Great British Bake Off! Yaa! I've watched GBBO year after year, I love it - from Mary's amazing jackets to cakes falling out the oven and fantastic biscuit creations, it's a gem of a TV show. Get the scones ready and the tea poured and settle in for an hour of pure deliciousness.

When I was putting together the next post I got to reminiscing about how much of a wonderful time I had in Switzerland, so decided to share a sneak peek with you! We relaxed on top of the mountain with some chilled wine and gazed out over some absolutely amazing scenery.

And then the post went up! It's filled with pictures of amazing scenery - as well as some action and adventure! We zipped down the mountain on a wire, before heading back up to the top of the mountain to gorge on a whole lot of cheese to fill us up for the walk back down. A walk through the Swiss Alps is one of the most beautiful things and we edged down a rocky path, stumbled upon waterfalls and strolled through the forest.

Oh my goodness - how wonderful is this jumpsuit from Coco and Cleo! I won it on a Facebook competition, see these things really do happen! I can't wait to wear it to jet off to Croatia next week - it'll be perfect for travelling and cool enough for when we arrive. The pattern is so pretty and I love the wide swinging legs for a different look. It's pretty fantastic. And packages are made even better when they've got some Haribo's hidden inside!

Edinburgh Festival has kicked off and I can't wait to go along! #TBT of this week was me remembering how much of an amazing day I had last year and hopefully giving an first-timers out there a taste of what it's like, you can check out 'Festival Days' to see the full post. We sat in this courtyard for ages, sipping on wine with a wee purple cow looking down on us.

One Sunday in August I went along to the loveliest of events. It was an afternoon reserved for us blogging types - #ScotBlogMeet and we sipped on fizz, listened to some amazing talks and raised some money for a fabulous charity. I popped up a post all about it just so that I could share with you all how wonderful it really was!

My sister has been spending her summer working at Holyrood Palace, and I couldn't wait to pop along to see the grandeur for myself. I headed down the bustling Mile to the palace and then immersed myself in some beautiful art. I went to see 'Scottish Artists 1750-1900: From Caledonia to the Continent'. It's a lovely, glittering and gold collection and my favourite pieces were The Letter-Writer of Seville by John Phillip and Highland Cattle in the Pass of Leny, by Gourlat Steell - not forgetting that amazing clock that you can spy.

Afterwards we headed out for some dinner and wine - this is how all weekends should end!



2 comments:

  1. It looks like you've had a lot of fun recently. I'm watching GBBO at the moment and love it! I have never watched it before but I am loving it.

    Rachael at broomfie.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Bake Off is great! I've watched it every year since it began - super baking fan! Haha

      Thanks for reading lovely xx

      Delete