Sunday 26 July 2015

Insta-Happenings

I pretty much wished the week away, hoping that by magic I could be back in Switzerland.


I was actually lucky enough to start the week in Switzerland. Before flying back to Glasgow on Tuesday I spent Monday enjoying a Mother/Daughter day, filled with coffee, shopping, cocktails and lunch in the sun - this is how all Mondays should be. Wandering round the shops we took a break for lunch and re-fuelled on pizzas, gorgeously dressed salads and some Aperol spritz - so refreshing in the heat! I'll pop up a post soon so keep your eyes peeled.

Soon I was back in the office. But that doesn't mean I couldn't dream of sunshine and delicious orange cocktails, that, granted, do look like a big wine glass of Irn Bru...

I love looking through old blog posts and decided to share 'Arty Pants' as a wee #tbt. Throwing back to last year when I attended a lovely graduate art show at Art Pistol, stripes were the order of the day. I've always loved stripes and it looks like this love affair has a long history and a pretty certain future. I'm hardly out of this breton striped top and it looks great teamed with a Coco and Cleo necklace and pretty vintage waistcoat.

First of the Swiss posts went up this week! 'Swiss Style' was a lil outfit post that featured an all white look, along with a pretty fantastic kimono an the standard coral clutch that seems to go with me everywhere! The perfect outfit for hot, hazy summer days.

On Friday I was lucky enough to pop along to Kiehl's event to celebrate the start of The Merchant City Festival 'Fashion Cultures'. The flagship store in the centre of Glasgow was absolutely buzzing, we all enjoyed some whiskey cocktails, vintage dancers and lusted over the beautiful Kiehl's products. We were treated to not one, not two, but three goodie bags that were filled with absolute delights from places like Dower & Hall, Sweaty Betty the Cambridge Satchel Company, to name a few! Such a great evening - thanks for having us!

Whats better on a Saturday than a treat pastry and a big mug a green tea - bliss!

Don't forget to follow me on Instagram - find me under LETTERSFROMMARION



No comments:

Post a Comment